How to use coconut oil for your skin and health?
Let’s take a look at what’s in the oil so that we can start building up a picture of why it has so many health benefits.
Coconut Oil consists mainly of Saturated Fat, which speeds up metabolism and provides an energy boost as well as helping with weight loss. These are in the form of Medium Chain Fatty Acids (MCFA’s) which are also contained in Mother’s milk and are blessed with the ability to destroy bacteria, viruses and parasites.
It contains approx’ 50% Lauric Acid. Lauric Acid is a Saturated Fat which, because of it’s anti viral and anti inflammation properties, is used to treat Flu, Bird Flu, The Common Cold, Fevers, as well as Genital Herpes/Warts and Cold Sores, all a form of Virus, it is also used to treat Yeast Infections and Intestinal Parasites.
Here’s a list, by no means complete, of coconut oil health benefits which relate to getting and keeping your skin clear and heathy . As coconut oil is non toxic and so versatile why not experiment and use it in combination with other products to see if you can come up with a new use. (If you do, let me know)
- Use coconut oil as a healing and refreshing skin moisturizer. Use it to not only soften but heal any small cuts, stings and bruises
- Use it to remove make-up. Apply, leave on for a few minutes then wipe it all off.
- Try it to keep your lips soft, you might want to mix it with something like beeswax first to get it to last longer.
- Experiment with all different sorts of essential oils to make you favourite Massage Oil.
- Use topically to lighten age and sun spots, and any darkness under the eyes.
- Mix with a granulated sugar, brown would be best, and use to Exfoliate your body.
- Can help prevent stretch marks, use instead of the over the counter creams, let your skin absorb a totally natural healing oil
- Fight off Ringworm. A form of Fungal infection which can look like cancerous mole, in the form of a ring with irregular scaly edges but itches.
- Eradicate Eczema and sack Psoriasis, keep the area moist with coconut oil to both help with the itching and fight the bacteria.
The great thing about the coconut oil is that unlike many medicines which are specifically created to treat a specific symptom, coconut oil health benefits cover a wide range and can also be eaten to help provide internal health benefits.